Though most of the people believe in God, I don’t find it necessary to believe in a higher being. I strongly believe that most of the people would not even come up with the concept of a God if they were not fed up with the idea by other people. Our parents for example are a very big influence to our religion. Do you think that if your parents didn't tell you to pray go to church and hear mass, would you even think and do these things? I did actually pray before going to bed when I was young and I did not really see anything wrong about that, but sooner I realized that there was no meaning to my prayer and I just dictated my prayer without feeling anything.
The lessons in the bible are not bad at all, in fact, these lessons are pretty much perfect to be able to sustain a society in my opinion. God gives an inspiration to so many people and it serves a companion to those who need someone to talk to. I think that religion was “invented” so that people would do well and be afraid of the consequences they will be experiencing in their afterlife or as they call it “hell”. I know that the intention of religion is good but some of the people take religion too seriously and sometimes take the bible too literally.
If you ask me, I don’t really care that much if there is a God or not. For me God is just there or not. God won’t really make a difference in my life. I am not saying there is no God therefore people cannot accuse me of being an atheist which is considered a very negative term in this country in my opinion, considering that the Philippines is a very religious country of course. God is something imaginary. God will affect people depending on how the people react to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment